Advanced Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Stages of Change
This practical, interactive and dynamic accredited workshop is for health care providers who already possess knowledge and experience in motivational interviewing. It is an advanced offering designed to help anchor previously learned strategies.
This program is offered by the Canadian Training Institute (CTI) in partnership with the Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program.
- Learn to incorporate the tools of motivational interviewing into brief counselling interactions
- Gain understanding of the key roadblocks to motivation
- Practice skills in the art of strategic-reflection
- Enhance their skills in working with "resistant" clients
- Develop techniques in negotiating a change plan with their clients
The Canadian Training Institute is a non-profit organization which provides training, consulting assistance and conducts applied reserach projects to contribute to the effectiveness of services delivered by criminal justice and related human service and healthcare agencies in Canada.