You may know medical first aid...
You may know CPR...
BUT do you know mental health first aid?
1 in 3 Canadians will experience a mental health problem in their lifetime. Will you know how to help?
Mental Health First Aid Canada(MHFA)
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence based program of The Mental Health Commission of Canada. MHFA is an awareness and prevention program that teaches participants how to help someone who is showing signs of a mental health problem or is experiencing a mental health crisis.
This 2 day, certified training course aims to teach people to:
- Recognize early signs of mental health problems
- Identify when another person may be a danger to themselves/others
- Provide help in a crisis; help to Prevent more serious problems
- Help to preserve life through learning a mental health first aid model
- Provide comfort and Support recovery
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
Who should attend?
Everyone can benefit:
- community groups
- members of the general public
- health care providers
- emergency service workers
- human resource professionals
- fitness professionals
Programs offered by Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program:
The Waterloo Wellington Self-Management program (WWSMP) is funded by the Ontario MOHLTC to provide training to health care providers to support them in managing individuals living with chronic diseases. WWSMP has chosen to offer this program to health care providers working in this region.
|September 13+14, 2018
50 Benjamin Road
Course Fee- $125.00
If interested in attending this program, there are a number of certified instructors in Waterloo Wellington region. For a listing of available instructors or programs click here