Moving Towards Change
Self-Management Training Workshops for Health Care Professionals
Monday, March 5th and Tuesday March 6th, 2018
Venue: Waterloo Region Museum
10 Huron Road, Kitchener
Click Here to register
This program was developed for the Waterloo Wellington region, as a 1.5 day workshop for health care professionals, to gain greater knowledge and skill in the behaviour change process. The program is delivered by Dr. Michael Vallis, who is a psychologist from Capital Health in Halifax and an associate professor with Dalhousie University.
"Michael Vallis offers a round-up of widely encountered barriers to self-management, and suggests a formula to promote increased motivation to self-manage among people affected by a chronic disease"
Following attendance at the workshop, mentoring support is provided by Nancy Becker-Hallford, Program Lead for Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program. Nancy is very skilled and experienced in the behaviour change process. She also has a particular interest in health literacy, and offers
workshops in the region on the "Impacts of Health Literacy on Patient Centred Care". Nancy provides group follow-up session in
your own clinical setting following the Moving Towards Change workshop to support you in applying the knowledge learned in the workshop.
1. To understand the behaviour change process in order to better establish goals, methods and outcomes
2. To understand the role of health care professionals in effective behavior change interventions
3. To become familiar, through didactic (primary day 1 focus) and experiential (primary day 2 focus) methods, with movtivational enhancement, behavior modifications and emotion management skills
4. To discuss challenges to integration of these skills into clinical practice (day 2)
5. To implement skills through mentoring support in your own practice setting
Registration Cost: $125.00
If you would like to be added to our waitlist for future workshops please contact us