PEP Talk: Diabetes Healthy Feet & You Program
The Canadian Association of Wound Care (CAWC) has collaborated with the Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program to provide the licensed peer led program, PEP Talk: Diabetes Healthy Feet & You Program to this region. This program was piloted and evaluated, and is now available across Canada.
The criteria for Healthcare Professionals to become a Certified Trainer for the PEP program include:
- attending a 1 day (or 2 half days) training workshop
- committing to 2-5 hours/week (dependent on the time required for program delivery
- having knowledge of advanced wound care practices (preferably formal training in wound care)
- good communication and teaching skills
- willing to work with a community team to develop a peer educator program
- committing to providing 2 workshops per year
Your certification costs are covered by the Waterloo Wellington Self-Managment program.
Interested in becoming a Certified PEP Trainer?
If you are a healthcare professional and are interested in becoming a PEP trainer, please fill out the application below.
|Upcoming Leader Training Workshops
For more information on the program: